Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

ExerciseWhat's the best exercise rid of a

Exercise-What's the best exercise for getting rid of a 'tyre' around my tum? Need to bear in mind I have a wasted thigh on the left side due to treatment for bone cancer at 7 which has also caused oedema lower left leg and foot - I have a compression stocking for this. I've found various exercises so far have tended to reduce this thigh muscle more, it then really hurts when walking eg to the shops which are 5 mins away.  Is there a way to bulk up this muscle?

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Do you take any meds?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

None just occasional Paracetamol.

do you do any cardiovascular exercise?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No just walking, wobble machine.

Okay that is the key to getting rid of the tire. Cardio, cardio and more cardiowhat is the most intense cardio you can do?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What type of exercises are you suggesting?

running, swimming or biking
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay thanks I'll give biking a go - I managed a round trip of 10 miles and hadn't been on a bike in about 35 years, although I did spend the next few days recovering and taking Paracetamol. Guess I'd better stock up!

Great! Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it.
I appreciate the good rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)