DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have a daughter 16 months old. She didn't crawl,

Customer Question

I have a daughter 16 months old. She didn't crawl, not walking yet. We're exercising everyday, we have a physiotherapist. Her paediatrician is seeing her since she was 10 month old. Dr's concern is she has general motor delay. Her blood test results are fine. We got her genetic test result. They didn't give me the result, but said she has a deletion in 7th chromosome. But this deletion is not significant for her. Three monte ago, our paediatrician told me that we'll see a genetic doctor. We haven't gotten any appointment yet. I saw a paediatric neurologist in Turkey. They asked her metabolic test and brain scan. I want to see a neurologist privately in Oxford. since I'm new in England, I don't know where to go. Could you help me to shorten this long process?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Contact this organization: see the contact information upper right of the following page:
http://ukgtn.nhs.uk/
You might need to pay privately, but they also work with the NHS in helping you to find practitioners and testing.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Dr. Thomas,

I have two questions:

1. Considering our case, what do you recommend me; seeing a neurologist or genetic doctor?

2. I am giving my daughter 10 mg carnitine and 10 mg Q10 for three days. Can you give me an advise how can I increase their amount?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
See both doctors. Geneticist and pediatric neurologist.
There is no indication fight now for the supplements...however, these doses are probably OK.
The most powerful thing you can to at this point is find a classical homeopathic doctor. this is a non toxic system that can help the child be at its best, ***** *****
There are good classical homeopaths in the UK.
Call this orginization for help
http://www.britishhomeopathic.org/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I tried to reach to a homeopathic. Mostly they don't have an opinion about dosing of carnitine. We're seeing benefits of using carnitine in my baby. she's a different baby recently. I'm doing research on side effects, not sure if it's stored in body. She's having this for 33 days. I'm also trying to contact with a doctor who is specialist on mitochondria. My question is; how can I increase the dose, and is there any risk for her entrails?

Thank you for helping.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I can not tell you how to increase the dose.
Carnitine is not homeopathyic.