Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have a lampoon the back of my neck and have terrible bad

Customer Question

hi i have a lampoon the back of my neck and have terrible bad night sweats and fatigue my doctor didn't seem concerned but I'm worried ???
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David

what do you mean you have a lampoon in the back of your neck?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

lump sorry

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
do you mean you have a lump on the back of your neck?

is the lump hard or soft?

are you having less periods now?

if you are having irregular periods, you could be going through early menopause causing sweats and fatigue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no periods normal and lump is soft

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
that is good your periods are normal

it sounds like the lump is a lipoma or benign fat mass.

you can ask your doctor for an ultrasound of the lump. but it sounds like a benign lipoma fat mass

you should get blood testing to check your thyroid hormone levels. high thyroid or low thyroid hormone levels can cause sweats and fatigue.

you should get your B12 and vitamin D and iron and ferritin levels checked for as well

have you had these levels checked?
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yrs had these levels checked

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

what is your most recent thyroid hormone levels and TSH levels?

how large is the lump?

where on your neck is the lump?

do you have excessive anxiety symptoms?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what my levels are I wasn't told it is about 15cm long 5cm deep

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you need to get copies of your blood work and thyroid hormone testing and iron levels

I would be happy to review them with you

this sounds like a pretty big lipoma in the back of your neck

if it is bothering you and keeping you from sleeping well, you can ask your GP doctor to refer you to a sugeon to have it cut out

you should ask your doctor if they think it is a lipoma

and ask for an ultrasound of the lump to be sure

your doctor should do an ulrasound of the lump to be sure

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank u I will find my blood work out

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
thank you for the positive feedback

you can always reach me here in medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

thanks for using JustAnswer.co.uk
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi my thyroid hormone levels were normal but my esr level was 85 ??

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
that is good your thyroid hormone levels are normal

ESR of 85 means you have some type of inflammation in your body

you need to ask your doctor for more testing to check for ANA and C reactive protein and anti ds DNA antibodies to check for lupus and other types of autoimmune disorders which can cause elevated ESR levels.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What do these mean if they are positive

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
if these additional tests are positive, you could have an autoimmune disease like lupus where your body makes antibodies against your own cells

an autoimmune disorder is when your body makes antibodies which an attack your own cells and cause excessive inflammation in your body.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What I done understand about the doctors is when u go to a appointment u have 20 min and basically they just ant to no what the troubles are that when I feel maybe they should be looking at the whole picture I have been in and out of hospital with bad chest problems and urinary tract problems for the last 8 months also the night sweats the lump on my neck the tingling in my feet carol tunnel in both hands fatigue surely this is not good for a 39 yr old lady and just wonder why I have suddenly become s so poorly after always being so healthy ?! But my doctor doesn't seem bothered about anything other than that day ?! What r your thoughts thanks

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure why you are doing so poorly now

the whole picture does need to be taken into account.

your daily diet needs to be checked

I hope you don't smoke

your ESR is high and there is excessive inflammation in your body for some reason.

your doctor needs to do more tests to find out why your ESR is so high.
I hope you are not overweight.

you could have an autoimmune disorder going on causing your health problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I eat very healthy and I don't smoke I'm a few pounds over weight buy nothing much

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My doctor has repeated my blood tests to which we wait results but I'm really worried as symtoms are getting worse the tingling burning in my feet is there mall the time now and goes up my legs they ache too I have it in my hands anf the pain in my abdomen is worse it's tender to touch! I'm just so very tired ?! What could all this mean ?!

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you have some sort of excessive inflammation in your body.

you could have a neuropathy or pinched nerve in your spine

or autoimmune disorder

or inflammation of your muscles like myositis

let me know the results of your blood tests.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My esr is still raised ! And some of my others have come back border line but my doctor still says his not worried ! I'm struggling to do daily things told him that and he basically said get on with it ! I'm never I'll or complain I just feel like this is all a struggle ??

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I would get a copy of your blood test

I can help you review it

you need more testing to check for autoimmune disorder and myositis muscle inflammation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK thanks I will get a copy !

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Burning sensation in my feet and legs getting much worse should I be going back to doctors it's terrible all the time thanks

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you should go back to your doctors

and see if you have neuropathy in your feet and legs

or poor circulation in your feet and legs causing your symptoms.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Whats neuropathy ?!

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
neuropathy is damage of nerves or nerves not working properly to cause pain or burning sensation

pinched nerves in your lower back can cause radiating pain and neuropathy pain in your lower feet and legs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is there treatment for that ?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
there are treatments for it

the treatments depend on what is causing the neuropathy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Now out of the blue my doctor has referred me to a heamotologist should I be worried ?! Thanks

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
why has your doctor referred you to a hematologist?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

He hasn't said the referral came in post and now they are closed this afternoon ?! Why would he refer me to one of these ?!

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I don't know why he would refer you to a hematologist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What do heamotologist do??

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
they check the blood and treat for blood disorders such as low iron or low red blood cells and anemia.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I discovered today that my bladder problems are because it's not emptying properly after I empty I still have 200ml left with all these problems in my hands and feet could thus be a sign of ms?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I would see a urologist to check for neurogenic bladder.

damage to nerves in your spine can cause neuropathy and neurogenic bladder.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have been sent for a ct scan with contrast dye are they looking for cancer??

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you need to start a new question for me here

in medicine or oncology.