Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have the following last few weeks now.

Customer Question

I have the following for the last few weeks now. It is not all the time and on and off. I find when I'm active and busy with people it's not so bad.
Pins and needles in hands and feet
Joint and muscle pain
Joints click and creak
I have a re problem with I think called a pain cyst. Between my annul hole and back when you push it. The hairs on the inside become infected, and men tend to get this. I have not seen a doctor for any antibiotics for this so it may be affecting my problem with reflective pain.
Also I am made redundant and worry with stress and now this condition which I think about all the time.
I had an active job and now I sit at home for days at a time and don't move. The muscle and joint problems have only begun since I have stopped working. Before this it had the cyst problem.
I check my blood pressure very day. Today 125/75.
I have not lost weight or appetite.
Many thanks in advance.
Steven.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
We answer medical questions on the site.
What is your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wish to have a doctor and not you at this time please.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
In fact, I am a double board certified doctor.
This means I have been certified not only in adult medicine, but integrative medicine.
Not sure what you mean by you wish to have a doctor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wish to talk to a doctor which is not you as I have spoke to you in the past and am looking for a second opinion. Please refer me on to a new doctor if that is what is needed.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
I see
OK
Hang on.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
Would you like me to help you out with your concerns.
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Yes please.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any other medical problems?
Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?
Have you been seen for this problem or any other problems recently?
Have you had any blood tests done for this or for any other problem recently?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have run out of my gastro risistance tablets. So don't know if this would make a problem.
I have not seen a doctor yet nor have I had any blood work done.
I am very stressed about it.
Many thanks.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Can you please let me know if you have been in a lot of stress prior to when these symptoms began?
What is your level of stress currently?
How is your sleep?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After ten years I have lost my full time job. I now sit or lay around all day not moving to much. I stay up all night looking at TV and then am tired and sleep all day.
I worry about my next job which I don't have and as I am not doing anything I worry about my current problem.
I did go away the weekend with friends and I did not have any pins and needles problems, just my cyst stinging when I sit down and some pain in my right joints only. But when I feel my right arm I hit a pin point area which hurts and activates the pain. Like a nerve.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not have any real stress when working and no problems apart from my cyst which I have not got any antibiotic for yet. I had this last year.
I ran out of omprazole over three month ago now.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Sorry to hear about your problems.
I personally think that it is your anxiety or stress that is taking a toll on your body.
Also, not resting your body properly and not sleeping right is also affecting your body.
All the symptoms that you mention can happen with a lot of stress and anxiety.
However, having said that, I would still like that you should consult your doctor and have a blood workup to make sure your blood tests are fine.
I would also like that you should have a vitamin D level checked to see if that is okay as low levels of vitamin D can also cause the aches and pains that you are having.
Taking calcium and magnesium supplements may also help with your muscular and joint pains.
The pins and needle sensations that you are having is most likely related to anxiety but a low level of vitamin B12 and thyroid problems along with peripheral neuropathy are other causes that need to be considered, although unlikely.
So the bot***** *****ne is that you need to try and relax as much as you can, sleep right, exercise if you can, take a healthy diet and also get tested if possible.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think my cyst that is infected has not made this problem?
What do you think about Auto Immune problem?
Many thanks.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Autoimmune disease is a possibility but UNLIKELY.
I do not think that the cyst has anything to do with your symptoms.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So to finish this session off.
What do you feel it is please, just to confirm.
Many thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also why do you think that it is not likely to be autoimmune ?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
If this were an autoimmune disease like lupus or rheumatoid arthritis you would have not only had pain in the joints but you would also have swelling.
Lupus is very uncommon in males.
Rheumatoid arthritis is also relatively uncommon in males and causes pain and swelling of the joints.
Also with inflammatory arthritis there is stiffness in the joints that lasts for more than an hour in the morning usually and improves with activity.
Plus when blood tests are done the inflammatory markers like ESR and CRP are raised in people with autoimmune disease.
I personally feel that all this is related to the tremendous amount of stress that you are going through, however, like I said I would still do a blood workup just to be sure.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ask for your information from my visit to my doctor today, as I'm not sure what she is thinking or what she is testing me for or why.
After this information I will close down this case and give you a marking.
She has given me the following drugs to take:
14 Metronidazole 400mg tabs. Take one twice a day.
21 Co-Amoxiclav 500/125 tabs. Take one three times a day.
This I believe is for my infection for cyst.
Sending me for blood test for the following:
Electrolytes
Liver
Lipids
Thyroid
Glucose/ fasting
FBC
ESR
I will go on Friday to have the blood test and am taking the drugs now. She said that it can take more then one weeks of drugs to get rid of the infection, and to ask her for one more weeks supply if needed, but I must feel a better after one week on two types of antibiotics.
I look forward to your reply, and thank you for all your help. Also I did tell her about my stress ect.
Many thanks.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Yes I agree with you in that after a week of antibiotic therapy you should have started to feel better by now.
If your cyst infection has not improved and you are about to finish your antibiotic course or have finished your antibiotic course then you may require a small surgery to help with the cyst infection.
Let me know if you have more questions or if anything is left unanswered.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to drag this out but she did say it does take upto two weeks to get rid of the infection, that is why I can ask for a second week?
Do you think this could be giving me the pain and pins and needles in my feet from the infection and pain reflux.
Also I ask if you could please tell me what she is looking for with my blood test from above information?
Sorry about this and many thanks.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
I would appreciate it if you rate me before we proceed.
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
I agree that to completely recover it can take up to a couple of weeks but by one week there should at least be some improvement in symptoms. If there has been no improvement then I would recommend that you be seen again.
I do not think that the pins and needles are related to the infection that you are having.
These are routine blood tests done in every patient just to be sure the major organs of the body are working fine.
The good thing is that all your tests are normal.