Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

Food lodges in larynx leading to violent coughing and sometimes

Customer Question

Food lodges in larynx leading to violent coughing and sometimes sneezing until it is clear
I have seen in Boericke a remedy for this but can't find it again. I'm not a doctor but have used homeopathy for many years with good results. the homeo. doc I had is dead.
***** *****. ***@******.***
Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
Hello,I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today.Were any investigations obtained to look for the cause? Do you have any diagnosed medical condition?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I done think it is serious enough to go to the GP in these times when they are overlooked

Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
Coughing after having food indicates that the epiglottis {flap which closes air way when you swallow} is not working optimally. This needs to be evaluated. The cause can be varied - Inflammation, infection, some mass, neurological cause, diabetes.If you were my close friend or relative - I would get you evaluated {ENT is preferred} along with few investigations like blood tests/ scopy would give us more answers.Wish you well.Best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have seen in Boericke a remedy for this problem but cannot find it again

I prefer to stay with Homeopathy with which I have had great help with more serious problems other the years, sadly there in no homeo. anywhere near me now. the man who greatly helped me is dead.

Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
Henry,
I am sorry that I was of no help.
I will opt out so that some other expert can help you better.