Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I went to the dentist to have my upper right wisdom tooth

Hi, I went to the dentist to have my upper right wisdom tooth extracted on the 11th of June but the tooth snapped/ broke of the roots. I was in excruciating pain for over a week till I went back to the dentist for a prescription of metronidazole which seem to help. She referred me for an urgent appointment at the hospital but the next available one is on the 3rd of August. I am still experiencing bleeding from the site. Also I am going away for 3 week out of the country. I would like to know:
1. Is the bleeding normal?
2. Can I expect the pain (abcess) to reoccur whilst on holiday?
3 what do u advise I do in this situation?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

the bleeding is not normal.

you could develop more pain or an infection while on holiday.

your doctors need to get you to see an oral surgeon to have a root canal procedure to get rid of the root of the tooth which did not come out.

this needs to be done sooner than later.

or you can see a private dentist in the UK and try to have the procedure done sooner.

the timing of your trip is unfortunate.

let me know if you have questions.