Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

There...just a quick question...I have one tonsil that appears

Customer Question

Hi there...just a quick question...I have one tonsil that appears larger than the other one...it has been like that for as long as I can remember ( 10+ years)...it looks normal, not sore, no unhealed sores or pain or difficulty swallowing. Is it normal to just have asymmetrical tonsils?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. We can certainly continue after this if you'd like
It isn't all that uncommon to have one tonsil larger than the other. We usually see that in someone who's had multiple bouts of strep throat or tonsillitis in the past, but sometimes that's hot the case.
Most likely your tonsil is just naturally larger and it doesn't indicate anything serious
Let me know if you need more information please