Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

This time last year I went through a 3 month period of constant

This time last year I went through a 3 month period of constant diarrohea nausea vomiting and pain on my right side of my abdomen... I now exactly a year later have exactly the same thing again instead with my heart racing when i exert myself or go upstair. It went after a couple of months last year but I can not go through this again and I literally will one minute be feeling okay then feel soo nauseous and rush to the toilet with horrendous diarrohea and sometimes vomit.
When I was pregnant over 2 years ago now I had an infection level of 176, they thought It was my kidneys but never got to the bottom of it, they just hospitalised me and put me on antibiotics for 3 months until i had my child. The pain in my right side is so bad I have to lay down as can not eat or walk etc. Then it goes after a couple of hours. I have no idea what is wrong with me but I have heard of appendicitus where it is on and off for a long while. Please help as I am so upset about this.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi. Where exactly is the pain located?

Any fever?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

about 2 inches from my bellybutton

no i have no fever

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

OK Natalia. There are a few possibilities here

This could well be appendicitis but it more likely would be a gall bladder problem with gall stones.

Another possibility would be a bacterial enteritis with E coli, salmonella, or C diff.

The least likely possibility would be diverticulitis--an infection of a small pouch in the colon.

The heart racing with exertion is probably from fairly significant dehydration from the vomiting and diarrhea,

You need to get to the Emergency room for an exam, blood work, a ct scan of your abdomen and stool cultures and it sounds like you need IV fluids too.

You really shouldn't wait any longer to get this checked out

Let me know if you need any more information here please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is there any reason why it was so bad a year ago for a couple months then went?

And has come back again?? a year later with the same side effects?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

If it were your gall bladder that could happen.

But for now we can't be sure that it is and what's going on now may not be the same thing as a year ago.

The point is from my perspective you've got severe abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, dehydration--that need immediate attention