Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I suffer from nerve pain to my hands referred from my shoulder

I suffer from nerve pain to my hands referred from my shoulder tension
The nhs has been useless who should I see and are there options I should explore suffered for ten years. C7
I am skinny and any amount of stress tension makes the pain unbearable, I need to get my life back the drugs cover the issue but doesn't resolve the issue. I feel like my hands are hanging off my nerves.
I would like to know if there are private options to me who are the best specialists.
This is extremely urgent I can explain by private message
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I am sorry you have been suffering from such bad nerve pain.

there are private doctor options to see a private neurologist

what you need is a cervical spine MRI scan with contrast on a 1.5 or 3.0 tesla MRI scan machine to look at the nerves in your neck

you could have a bad herniated disk or severe arthritis in your neck or narrowing of the neuroforamen in your spine causing pinching of nerves causing pain to go down into your hand

you might need a steroid injection into the area of pinched nerve to decrease swelling ot see if this helps.

you might need to see a spinal surgeon like a neurosurgeon to see if you need a laminectomy or decompression surgery at the area where the nerve is pinched.

you need to first see a private neurologist and get a private MRI scan of your cervical spine of your neck

let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had a mri and it was clear and many blood tests for arthritis, I am very skinny and shoulder ache constantly and the nerve pain is terrible
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
was the MRI scan an open MRI scan?

did it use IV contast?

if it was an open MRI scan, the image quality can be very poor and small areas of pinched nerves can be missed.

if IV contrast was not used, areas of pinched nerve can be missed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was at a private Nuffield health clinic, yes it looked very clear, to be clear the muscles are causing the compression on the nerves I REALLY APPRECIATE your help
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
then you need to work on relaxing the muscles.

you might need regular massage therapy

you might need to use muscle relaxers like valium or flexeril or baclofen to help relax muscles.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have massage weekly and has little affect and have been on diazapan for years
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
you should also try accupuncture for nerve pain which is very good.

you might benefit from meditation therapy or yoga or physical therapy and stretching therapy for your tight muscles.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As I have suffered for ten years I have tried all these things and still I cannot cope. Thanks for trying am I able to sk ype u?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
yes, you can skype if you accept additional services