Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

There, My lower back on my left side seems to be bigger

Hi there,
My lower back on my left side seems to be bigger and more "meatier" the my right side.
Just before I was pregnant 3 years ago I was following an exercise dvd 6 days per week and I started feeling like I had trapped nerve in my left hip and was unable to sleep on either side only my back as when I did my body shook if that makes sense.
I can now sleep on my back or right side only.
Thank you very much :)
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, You may have a trapped nerve at your lumbar spine on the left side. Also known as herniated disc on the left side. Of course nerve can get irritated from bulkier muscle as well. Left sided muscles can compensate for the weakness to mask that. Another possibility can be bursitis around the hip joint on the left side. Due to the inflammation and fluid accumulation it looks bigger than usual. The fluid can be aspirated and steroid injection can be performed for cure. Physiotherapy will help as well. Please discuss with your GP as well. Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much Dr Basu.

I shall make an appointment with my gp.

I also forgot to mention then when I lay on my right side it feels like something is moving or floating in my left side.

Thank you :)

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
That goes with bursitis most likely. Best wishes