How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 31239
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I have a pain on my right leg next to my shin bone and in the

Resolved Question:

I have a pain on my right leg next to my shin bone and in the muscle behind. I have had this for the past two weeks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi. Was any trauma involved?

Any swelling of the leg?

Any change in skin color?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had a really bad attack of cramp 2 weeks ago. I had in indentation on the front of the leg where I could see the muscle contracting. The pain at the time was very very sore.

There is no swelling.


Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

OK Andrew

Is the calf muscle tender to the touch?

Is it still hard as in cramping?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. Sometimes it is a throbbing pain.


Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.


There are a few possibilities here Andrew.

First this could be from an electrolyte imbalance as with low magnesium or low calcium

The other concern would be a deep venous thrombosis--a clot in a vein in that leg/

The most prudent thing for you at this time would be to see a doctor for an exam, blood work, and Doppler venous flow studies of the leg.

Let me know if you need any more information please

Dr. Chip and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you