Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Had gurgling stomach which then became severe trapped wind.

had gurgling stomach which then became severe trapped wind. felt pain across left gut. still comes and goes in very short bursts of severe pain - liked a trapped nerve. on and off for day had short episodes of trapped wind and need for toilet. feel saw in bladder area. what is best to take to ease symptoms?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
Since how long are you having this problem?
Do you have any other medical problems?
Are you on any medications for anything?
Have you had any imaging studies lately like an ultrasound or a CAT scan of your abdomen?
How are your bowel movements?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

started yday evening, no medical issues, no medication, no scans or anything. bowel movements were all fine until yday evening. been ok today just occasional feeling need to release trapped wind. since this evening lessened but just feel sore across bladder and left side.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Ideally I would recommend that you be examined.
Meanwhile I would recommend that you should take over-the-counter omeprazole 20 mg twice daily and gas x syrup to see if that helps with your symptoms.
If this does not help and your symptoms worsen then I would definitely recommend that you be seen and have an ultrasound scan at the very least and preferably a CAT scan.
This could be many things like a kidney stone, gallbladder issue, colicky pain (probably as a result of something you ate).
Let me know if you have more questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what is colicky? the episodes seem to be getting better but the bladder feels sore.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Sore bladder (pain in the lower mid abdomen) is something that may indicate cystitis or bladder infection particularly if you also have pain and burning when passing urine.
If that is happening then you may be having a urine infection.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no pain with urine. and the pain kind of moved there after initially being to left. pain a lot less than it was yday.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
The reassuring thing is that the pain has improve considerably since yesterday.
If it keeps improving I would not worry.
This would indicate that it was something transient.
By colicky I mean painful contractions of the muscles of the intestine.
I would appreciate it if you rate me before we proceed.
Do let me know if you have more questions for me on this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

would trapped wind cause that pain? feels like improving and hopefully will so will see in morning how i feel. certainly not as bad as yday evening. final question!

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Yes trapped wind can certainly cause this kind of pain.
The good thing is that your symptoms are improving and I am pretty sure that you should be okay in the next day or two at the most.
Let me know if you have more questions.