Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Are you able on the additional question?

Customer Question

Are you able to follow up on the additional question?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
see the other thread
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I need an opinion. I am 31 year old male with no medical history other than prostatitis. Recenty about 3 weeks ago I had an ultrasound on my testicles as I had smelt a very small bump which was fibrous tissue of the tunica. This bump has since disapeared. I did some exercise about a week ago, crunches working on my stomach muscles and also on my legs. Since then I have had some pain around the groin which kind of radiates sometimes it feels like my tesitcle is hurting but its not because when I touch it, it does not hurt so I am not sure if I pulled something.
Also I have also ejaculated quite frequently the last few days, as I am sexually active. I noticed that as the ejaculation has been frequent like every two days or less even the amount of semen seems to be less. I dont think I have epidiymitis as there are no symptoms as such. Wanted to get your thoughts.

The nerve to the testicles passes through the groin. If there is a pulled muscle or an injury in the area of the groin, it can create pressure on the nerve to the testicles. This would be felt as pain in the groin that radiates to the testicles.

Frequent ejaculation may decrease the volume of ejaculate simply because there is less time for ejaculate fluid to accumulate in storage for the next ejaculation. It is not necessarily a sign of illness.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can a flare up of prostatitis also cause the semen volume to reduce?

Yes, prostatitis can affect ejaculate volume, but the effect of prostatitis on ejaculate volume would not be dependent on frequency of intercourse/ejaculation.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What is the main symptom of epididymitis? I know pain in the testicle is there but reduced semen volume is not a sign of epidiymitis.

The primary symptom is pain in the scrotum or at the testicle. There also can be redness or swelling. It also can cause pain in the pelvis or abdomen, pain with urination, or a urethral discharge if the infection spreads to the prostate or urethra. Epididymitis, by itself, usually does not affect ejaculate volume, because very little of ejaculate volume comes through the epididymis.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what are the main causes of epididmytis?

There are many different germs that can be involved in epididymitis, including both sexually and non-sexually transmitted germs, such as chlamydia, ureaplasma, mycoplama, E. coli, and Proteus species.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

From what I described above does this sound like a flare up of prostatitis or some thing else?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

From what I described above does this sound like a flare up of prostatitis? I occaionsally get flare ups of non bacterial prostaitis on and off since I first had it

It sounds like what I said above.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I dont see which part you are refering too?

When I answered your question above.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes but its not immidietly clear what you felt it is that I am describing

I told you that a pulled muscle or an injury in the groin can cause the symptoms that you describe.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So this does not sound like epididimyits? Are you still available?

Why is it that 5 days ago, when you mentioned the scrotal symptoms without telling me that you did exercises and crunches and may have pulled a muscle and I mentioned that it could be epididymitis, you then posted multiple replies that you did not think that it is epididymitis, but then today, now that you have told me of the exercises and crunches and may have pulled a muscle, and I have told you that it can cause the symptoms that you describe, you are now repeatedly asking me if it could be prostatitis or epididymitis?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I wanted to know your thoughts as to if it could be epididymimtis?

I think that it is as I said above.