Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I have suffered from panic attacks since moving to the UK last

Customer Question

I have suffered from panic attacks since moving to the UK last year from Ireland. These originated after I was mugged and beaten at home. My doctor prescribed me Lorazepam 2.5mgs 8-10 tablets at a time. I usually have up to 4 attacks a week and take 1 tablet which helps tremendously. I have severe anxiety and sometimes my jaw locks during an attack.I have just entered my valid credit card details and it said it was invalid. I phoned my credit card company and they said there was no reason for it not to go through. Please help!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. It looks like your deposit went through so can I ask what your medical question is?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have suffered from panic attacks for a year resulting in severe anxiety and occasional locked jaw. This occurred following a mugging and beating in my home country, Ireland. My doctor had me involved in a course of CBT which didn't work very well. He prescribed Lorazepam 2.5mgs and would give me 8-10 tablets at a time. My attacks usually occurred up to 4 times a week and I would take 1 tablet which helped tremendously.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK but again what is your question about that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would like a prescription for Lorazepam 2.5mgs please.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Sorry but we don't provide prescriptions online for people we have never seen in our offices. And since Lorazepam is a controlled substance, for us to do so would constitute malpractice and would jeopardize our medical licenses and it would also be a felony for both us and the customer.

That said, I do have some suggestions for you if you'd like to hear them