Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I hurt my back by lifting something too heavy. The back pain

I hurt my back by lifting something too heavy. The back pain has now resolved. But, I have an intense pain radiating Down my leg from the inner side. What do you think is the origin? How can the pain best be alleviated?
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question
What you have is "sciatica"
This is a pinched nerve in the low back---most likely from a disc bulging and pressing on the nerve
This creates pain in the leg.
The best treatment for this is really a chiropractor. Can you see one soon?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The pain is down the inside of my leg. Could that still be sciatica? I need pain relief medication while waiting for chiro appointment. What do you advise? It is excruciating to walk!
Yes, of course. This is classic symptoms. I would advise ibuprofen. It is the best for this scenario that you can get over the counter
I appreciate the ok rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)