Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I hurt my back by lifting something too heavy. The back pain

I hurt my back by lifting something too heavy. The back pain has now resolved. But, I have an intense pain radiating Down my leg from the inner side. What do you think is the origin? How can the pain best be alleviated?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question
What you have is "sciatica"
This is a pinched nerve in the low back---most likely from a disc bulging and pressing on the nerve
This creates pain in the leg.
The best treatment for this is really a chiropractor. Can you see one soon?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The pain is down the inside of my leg. Could that still be sciatica? I need pain relief medication while waiting for chiro appointment. What do you advise? It is excruciating to walk!
Yes, of course. This is classic symptoms. I would advise ibuprofen. It is the best for this scenario that you can get over the counter
I appreciate the ok rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)