Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Banged my foot off metal bed frame. Can't put weight on

Customer Question

Hi,banged my foot off metal bed frame. Can't put weight on foot so walking on heel. Toes are starting to bruise from 2nd to wee toe. Wee toe looks deformed. Foot swollen from below toe & also side of foot. Also feels twisted. Feel faint & sick but take it is due to pain! Please can you advise me wether it's broken!!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi. We can continue after this but from your description it's almost certain you have a fracture. You may even have more than one--one or two of the toe bones and most likely the 5th metatarsal of the body of your foot.

You really need to see a doctor about this right away for an exam and x-rays since you at least need a cast and you might actually need surgery for this