How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 45922
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

My wife has a skin complaint which is slowly getting worse,

Customer Question

my wife has a skin complaint which is slowly getting worse, the doctor has stated that he can do nothing about it;
the slightest pressure on her arms or legs results in a red mark below the skin which grows as the day progresses and in some cases bleeds
we have used various things over the shelf in the chemist but nothing works.
she is 73 years old
what can I get which will moisten her skin or is it likely to be caused by something missing in her diet?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I am sorry she is having such easy bleeding.

she might not be getting enough vitamin K in her diet which can help her clot and not bleed so easily.

she can get vitamin K in green leafy vegetables in her diet.

she should get blood testing to check her coagulation times of INR/PT/PTT to see if her clotting times are elevated.

she needs blood testing to check on her liver as well. the liver makes many proteins needed for clotting and to help prevent bleeding.

if she is taking aspirin or coumadin or warfarin or xarelto or plavix, these are all blood thinners which can thin her blood and cause bleeding.

let me know if you have questions.
Dr. David and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
thanks for accepting additional serivces

my contact information in USA is below

thanks for using

Related Medical Questions