Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I have pain in the area of under my left armpit and going

Hi, I have pain in the area of under my left armpit and going around my back. It is causing me a lot of pain when I breath in but not so much breathing out. I am a 52 year old male and my name is George.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Hi George
have you had any tests?
how long have you had this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the pain started in my ribs yesterday evening and has got progressively worse since this morning to the extent that it is affecting my breathing. No I have not had any tests.

Ok, this is very concerning
It is something with the lung
You could be developing pneumonia
You need to be seen today
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

could I not just have a pulled rib muscle or trapped nerve and just require pain killers. Apart from the discomfort and the pain when I breath in I feel fine.

Possible. But I wouldn't take chancesif you did some heavy activity recently that makes sense
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did some heavy activity about three days ago but the problem only started yesterday. is that possible?

yes, that is possible. definitely
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what pain killers do you recommend as solpadeine has not worked?

ibuprofen
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thanks for your help and advice!

welcome :)please don't forget a positive rating
I appreciate the good rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)