DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have quite bad pain left arm left shoulder and left side

Customer Question

I have quite bad pain left arm left shoulder and left side of neck ever since nasty fall about year ago.left shoulder x rayed recently.no fracture.what do you think can be causing this pain at this stage.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
It is likely that you have disc damage in the neck.
In addition, x ray shows nothing about the cartiledge or ligaments in the shoulder.
I would suggest to your doctors that you have an MRI of the neck and shoulder which will show, nerve, ligament, disc, etc.
A good orthopedist should be able to get some idea on exam of where the main problem is.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.