Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

My son was diagnosed with shingles just over two months ago

Customer Question

My son was diagnosed with shingles just over two months ago - it was quite mild with rash on base of back and a patch on inner thigh on right leg - the rash on his back is still evident and obviously clearing up but still evident - is this normal?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.

Could you attach a picture of the rash?
The rash of shingles typically lasts 2-4 weeks, so a rash lasting two months would not be typical. There may be some marks under the skin that is visible beyond 4 weeks, but the sores have typically healed over. Any sore of he skin can become secondarily infected.

I had asked for a picture to see if the rash still has the appearance of shingles, but have not received a picture.