Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have had a sore shoulder, to me it seemed muscular,

for weeks I have had a sore shoulder, to me it seemed muscular, a nurse suggested it may be inflamation of the socket. It still persists, but today my back is sore and there is tingling in my fingers- could it be a trapped nerve?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi. It sounds like you have a probem with a disk in your neck compressing a nerve root.

While there may also be a problem with your shoulder as in bursitis, that would not cause nerve compression that would be causing the back pain the the finger tingling

I suggest you see a doctor and get MRI's of both your cervical spine and the shoulder

Let me know if you need more information please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

will see doctor on Monday thanks

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure but let me know how it goes John and please remember to rate my service to you