Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My 15yr old daughter has been experiencing migraines for

Customer Question

Hi, my 15yr old daughter has been experiencing migraines for nearly 3 months daily, they've become so bad that she spends all day in her room with her head in the pillows she's tried to go to school and gets sent home, her doc has given her all sorts of tablets! Thay don't work and she's had blood tests thay came back normal, MRI scan was fine so thay have booked her a neurologist but that's not till the end of September and I don't want her to wait that long as she is in so much discomfort and she's missing out on the most important time of her schooling! Could I pay to speed things up ie going private??
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--by private do you mean paying for a neurologist's evaluation yourself?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes that's what we are considering just to try and get to the bottom of what's causing them
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. Yes you can indeed speed up the process by bypassing the NHS and going private. You'll have to call the neurologist already scheduling the appointment or ask your doctor for another neurologist's office number
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I'll give that a go! Is there anything else we can do in the mean time to try and ease the migraines so she could atleast leave the house??
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
What medications has she had so far?