Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have vomitted twice have a temperature but i am shivering

Customer Question

hi i have vomitted twice have a temperature but i am shivering and have a severe headache
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.

The most common cause of vomiting, fever, and headache of short duration would be a viral infection. Other infections could occur, but a viral infection is by far the most common.

The usual approach in this situation would be medicines for relief of symptoms. The paracetamol is fine for the headache. The best that can be done over the counter would be an antihistamine that is primarily marketed for motion sickness, such as meclizine or dimenhydrinate. There are some stronger medicine for nausea and vomiting that are available by prescription, so if symptoms are more severe or persistent, it may be necessary to be seen by your doctor.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you Dr Love for your diognosis

You are most welcome.