Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I've been getting tested lately, the last few

Customer Question

Hi I've been getting tested for coeliacs lately, the last few months and scoring 1.2 my doctor is now saying it's negative and isn't referring me for colonoscopy regardless of my symptoms.along with this my crp started at 19 2 weeks later 29 and a for the 2 weeks later 23..
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

it looks like something else is causing your elevated c reactive protein levels.

you could have an autoimmune disorder causing elevation of your C reactive protein.

you need testing to check your ESR, ANA, anti ds DNA antibody levels to see if you might have an autoimmune disorder

you should get a stool occult blood test to see if you have blood in your stool. if you have blood in your stool, this will be more evidence to push for a colonoscopy to check for inflammation of your bowels

have you had your stools checked for blood?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was told years ago I had is but medication never helped so I stopped taking it.no investigation has been done to absolutely determine the true cause.no stool sample taken either

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
you need stool testing to check your stool for blood

and you need more testing to see why your c reactive protien is elevated.

you were told many years ago that you had what? coeliacs disease? or autoimmune disorder?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Irritable bowel syndrome I was diagnosed with a long time ago but think there's something more going on.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
I see

well, you need stool testing.

IBS doesn't cause blood in your stool.