Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Dr chip anxiety mark Had a crazy day at work today full

Customer Question

Hi Dr chip anxiety mark
Had a crazy day at work today full on stress
I b s old friend seems back. The usual. Trapped wind mild moving pain with the wind.
Before I panic. Just the usual reassurance from you will help
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hey mate. So tell me exactly what's going on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The same as usual mate. Wind trapped wind moving about flatulance and the same as I always get with the I b s.
It eases when I get tired isn't there at night returns when I wake up and it feels like the first day at school !!!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
So what are your telling yourself about this--what's the worry here?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well I'm almost convinced it's I b s ! So that's an improvement right. ??? Then the its serious demon jumps in.
I feel full of energy and fit by the way apart from the wind.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
And what does the gremlin on your shoulder whisper in your ear?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's serious.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
As in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cancer or I b d or something.
Stool test was all normal last flair up and god knows It's time to give the tests millions of them a rest. !!
Guess I'm going to have to live with either tension headache or I b s. ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Just wanted to be able to smack the demon mate

No way this is cancer--cancer simply doesn't act like that.

IBS is the demon you need to accept and live with, just like the tension headaches

Remember what Jesus said--"Get thee behind me Satan."

Only that doesn't often work on one's brain

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm beginning slowly to think your way which makes you a fantastic doctor. The news it's no way cancer is a great reassurance
I'm guessing the trapped wind is because I get stressed the bowl muscles slow down mild constipation the bowel doesn't empty easy and the wind traps ???
Will excepting the conditions ease the expectancy ??
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

You got it mate.

Viscious circle--symptoms start, the demon kicks in, worsens the symptoms, etc, etc, etc (as the king in The King and I would say).

Laugh at the wind and the grumbling and move on

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh yes. It always comes on when I take a holiday. Or the headache.
Lack of control ???? Ie my business is run by my partner. ??
Thanks and I'm good to go ???
Would love to actually enjoy a holiday with no symptoms but maybe I should except them and enjoy anyway
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Good to go mate.

Turn the Mafia on your partner and just don't take a vacation--problem solved

And that's a medical solution

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Lol. Rest and chill but except the way I'm built. ?? And you know you have all my bloods and scans !!!
Thanks pal. Speak soon.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Any time mate
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi mate I'm over it now since Sunday but my 4 year old has it not good. !!!
He's been sick for two days just water coming up I'm a little worried about dehydration ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Tell me all about what's going on with him Mark
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well he's been sick since early Monday morning starting bringing up just bile yesterday late afternoon on and off then this morning twice only and he seemed a little better but tonight he's been sick just tiny fluid twice with bile temp 35. Stools loose twice today.
He's been sipping and drinking only water but seems to bring it up within an a few hours
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Any abdominal pain?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He tells us no.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. How often is he urinating and is his mouth dry?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He has weed once or twice today and his mouth is a tiny bit dry. But again he's been sick again now. It's not nice mate watching a four year old he's just bringing up bile .
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK mate. May just be a stomach virus that will run it's course in another day or two but unless he can hold down fluids--at least a glass of water or whatever throughout an hour--he will get dehydrated soon. Doesn't sound like he's at the serious stage just yet but if this goes on the rest of today and isn't any better tomorrow he needs to be seen since he might need IV fluid hydration and something for the nausea like phenergan suppositories
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok mate. Il try to get something in him. This is what I had isn't it he's caught it. ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
He may have caught it from you Mark but a lot of times someone just gets this without its being from one other person
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I think he got it from me it was bad I got over it in 48 hours but I was only sick for 12. So we give it the rest of the night and keep giving him fluids he did keep fluids down today for 4 or 5 hours but now in the evenings it gets worse. ? So a small glass of water every hour if pos ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sips throughout the hour or a little more if he can tolerate that. If he did keep things down for that 5 hour period that's a good sign.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes he did fir a whole has was ok then tonight down hill thanks mate post you in morning if worried ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Absolutely mate
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok he's had a full small bottle of wate this morning and a bit he's gagged. But nothing is coming up so some water must be in ? He's got no temp still and no belly ache just feels I'll
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Just got on Mark. Did he keep the water down?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

today he has kept a small bottle and some ice tea down all day gags but no sick

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sounds like he's not in danger of dehydration for now. Also have him suck on crushed ice and if you've got some PopSickles those would be good. This probably will be over in another day or two
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THANKS MATE its the same as mine a nasty one

as for me mate feel good eating drinking stools are normal but a little light in colour and my bowel feels a little dented!! LOL

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Dented?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

lol a bit of wind mate here and there

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Weird terms you use mate. You're fine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

lol just the bowel settling down did well to kick it in 3 days ?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Very well indeed