Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Had multiple P E 's 3yrs ago treated months with warfarin.

hi had multiple P E 's 3yrs ago treated for 6 months with warfarin. No reason was given why I had them either. Just lately I have injured myself by accident little knocks an cuts but have noticed my blood appears to be clotting over cuts within seconds even though one cut was quite big, my blood appears to be very thick. Its like I bleed it makes a bubble then stops should I be concerned
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
What is your age and gender?
Do you have any other medical problems?
Are you on any medications for anything presently?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

47 no other apart from asthma medicated an stable and female

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
I think that you should have had a coagulation studies done to see what exactly caused your pulmonary embolism.
There are a number of hereditary conditions like factor V Leiden among other conditions, that can cause one's blood to be thicker which must be investigated and if proven you should be on medications to prevent any such future episodes from happening.
So I agree with you on this that this must be investigated further to try and rule out an condition that you may have which could be the cause of your increased clotting problem.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am also getting a squeezing type pain under my right breast but very intermitantly its sharp when it comes but I feel fine other than that coincidense or possibly problem? This has been last 3 days but as I said very intermitant

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
I do not think that this pain is related to your past history of PE.
I think it is either a muscular pain or a skeletal pain but one that should most likely go away in due course of time.
So it's not something to worry about too much.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry I put right side its left side

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Again, it does not seem likely to be anything serious particularly with the nature of the pain that you have mentioned in that it is sharp in intermittent which usually does not indicate anything serious.