Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
20638885

I fell down stairs yesterday morning going over on my right

Customer Question

I fell down stairs yesterday morning going over on my right ankle with foot going under and backwards and left going over to the side. I feel a pulling pain in my left Achilles and ankle slight swollen but my right ankle and foot really swollen and pins and needles between the pain and a jabbing pain in my right inner thigh
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 2 years ago.
Hello Are you able to walk bearing full weight on both feet?Are you able to move the ankle through complete range of motion?Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not much and yet full rotation
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply. If you are unable to bear weight on the affected feet it would be safer to have your feet and ankles x rayed as a fracture may be present.Meanwhile you should follow the RICE principle.That is Rest, Icing, Compression and Elevation.You can apply ice for 10-15 minutes every hour and apply an ace bandage to provide compression.You may also use Advil for pain relief with dose of 400-600mg every 6 hours.Take Advil after eating something.This is the initial answer.Use " Reply to expert " to seek any clarification.