Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

I am so sorry to bother you, as a matter of urgency, I

Hi, I am so sorry to bother you, as a matter of urgency, I need to find the very best psychiatrist in the UK who specialises in Factitious Illness by Proxy. Forgive me, I have no links to the medical profession otherwise I would have tapped into those. Do you know if the BMI has a database which I could search upon, or whether, you kindly have a directory which you could access on my behalf.
My request is in relation to my mother and whilst my suspicions are just that, and I am not a head doctor, I would like her to go straight to the medical God to verify the situation or throw it out as ridiculous or to verify my suspicions, or in fact identify another sub-division of FIBP that she may be suffering.
Many thanks in advance for your kind help with this and my Mother will thanks you too in the future when she is well.
Kindest,
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 2 years ago.

Hi there, Welcome to Justanswer! I will be pleased to help you. Please do not hesitate to ask, when more informations are needed. No psychiatrist specialises in Factitous Illness by Proxy alone; this diesease is far too rare to do that. But Dr. Christopher M. Bass in Radcliffe Hospital (Oxford) ist not only a well known specialist but did some interesting research concerning this illness. If he would not see your mother, you might try it here:http://www.expertsearch.co.uk/netscape/search.html. This is the u.k.- search- platform I recommend. I hope you will convince your mother to get help and succeed in finding a very good (you never know who ist the very best...) psychiatrist. I wish you all the best!

Hi there,

We had contact three days ago. I hope I could help you and you are feeling better now.

If there is any question left, please do not hesitate to ask! If you are doing fine I will be happy with a friendly feedback.

Thank you very much!