Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I am due to have a venous lake removed from my lip with

I am due to have a venous lake removed from my bot***** *****p with surgery on Monday and have only just found online some information about laser treatment possibly being a better option, in particular the Nd-Yag laser. How do i go about finding out which would be best for me in the shortest time before I end up having surgery that I will regret?

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Do you still need assistance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi I have not yet had a response and urgently needed one before this afternoon. If somebody can reply to me before 2pm that would be great, otherwise I would appreciate a refund and closing the question. Thank you
Have you been seen by a Dermatologist? Or only by a Maxillo-Facial Surgeon?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have only been seen by a maxilla facial consultant
Thank you for the additional information.

The mechanism by which you would find out which would be best for you would involve an assessment by a Dermatologist. You have read correctly that there has been increasing evidence that a long-pulsed Nd YAG laser is quite good at treating venous lakes, and is very well tolerated with a lesser risk of scarring.

Of course, it would be impossible to get an appointment with a Dermatologist before the scheduled surgery, so it would be necessary to ask for the surgery to be cancelled for today to allow for time to be seen by a Dermatologist.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience: Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.