Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Three weeks ago I had a bout of sickness and diarrhea. This

Three weeks ago I had a bout of sickness and diarrhea. This weekend I have had diarrhea with stomach cramps. I believe the last one was a bug going around and this case I think mild food poisoning but the cramps concern me. It is like something passing through is causing the pain but I'm only drinking fluids. Should I be concerned. I haven't eaten properly for 48 Hours and I have still no appetite.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there. Thank you for your question.I will be helping you out with your queries.In the vast majority of cases this is not something to worry about.If, however, your diarrhea is severe and you are vomiting as well, then I would recommend going to the ER.At home the best thing to do is to take plenty of electrolyte rich fluids like gatorade or pedialyte.Take a bland BRAT (banana, rice, apple sauce, toast) diet to help with your symptoms.Symptoms like these usually improve in three to five days time at the most.If it takes longer you must be seen.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options below.Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You don't think the cramps are anything to worry about?

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Cramps can happen with any GI infection or even with food poisoning.
Cramps in themselves are not something to worry about at all.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your help.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
You are most welcome.
Wish you all the best.
Take care
Goodbye for now :)