Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Yesterday late afternoon I fell backwards off a wall landing

Yesterday late afternoon I fell backwards off a wall landing on my bottom onto a hard surface. I then rolled back just stopping before I would have hit my head. Although initially been able to walk and carry on walking with slight discomfort, in the evening and this morning I am in great pain and can only just manage to walk very gingerly. I have used some ibuprofen spray which has given me a little relief. I assume I have an 'impact' injury on my bottom back, no damage to my coccyx; what injury would this create and what would you suggest for recovery?
Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.
I would suggest that you start applying Ibuprofen gel with massage thrice a day instead of the spray. Start on an anti inflammatory pain killer like Ibuprofen 400 mg thrice daily to keep the pain and the swelling in check.
An x ray of the pelvis (hip bone) is in order, since, sacroiliac joint dislocation, ischial tuberosity fractures and hip bone fractures are common after impact injuries like the one you suffered.
Bed rest with restricted movements for the next 4 days.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Best wishes.