DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have a 9 year old girl who suffers with nose bleeds .

Hi I have a 9 year old girl who suffers with nose bleeds . She has not had one for a couple of weeks but had one yesterday which was very heavy flow but what frightend me was the 2 big blood like clots that came out of her nose am taking her the doctors tomorrow she didn't want to go to a&e . It stopped bleeding after 10 . 15 min she didn't feel faint an was fine after it but can't stop thinking of how big them blood clots were coming from her nose . Is this common in children who suffer with nose bleeds x
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
It is not out of the ordinary.
What is , the bleeds themselves.
There often is a reason, such as damaged blood vessels in the nose, allergy commonly, and rarely other reasons./
Large blood clots are not uncommon for an acute bleed.
If this re starts, go to a and e.
If she is still bleeding post nasally, go to a and e.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.