Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Fluid on the left side/testicle, like a water balloon, not

Fluid on the left side/testicle, like a water balloon, not painful and testicles are normal size with no abnormal lumps/smooth and same as before.
Fluid has increased slightly recently.
I do have a cyst from 15 years ago / benign on this side
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.

If you have already seen your doctor and was diagnosed with an epididymal cyst, I am not sure what question you are asking. Are you asking whether this is consistent with this diagnosis?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I am, I suppose some assurance.

The fluid has increased since my doctors appointment but not to a level of any discomfort however a little embarrassed maybe.

I know in my mind what to look for and no symptoms aside from this fluid is there but I`m just making sure that`s all and if it continues to increase in size?

I can feel the testicle to self examine fairly well.

Yes, the symptoms that you describe are consistent with an epididymal cyst. There is another common cause of a fluid filled sac, called a hydrocele. If it is closer to the testicle, then it is more likely an epididymal cyst. The wall of an epididymal sac is slightly thicker than the wall of a hydrocele.

In reality, neither condition is a serious problem, so differentiation is not critical. In addition, neither condition requires any intervention, unless the size progresses to a point of causing discomfort.

So, yes, this is consistent with an epididymal cyst, although a hydrocele also can be the cause of a fluid filled sac in the scrotum. There is no reason for concern or intervention, as long as it does not get large enough to be uncomfortable.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you , I suppose looking down and seeing this larger size due to fluid is not pleasant and obviously Cancer is always at the back of everyone`s mind although I do check facts and not panic.

This is not worrisome for cancer, so there is no reason for panic.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Doctor.

Lastly I think I know this answer but has the fluid any chance of going away or reducing in size?

Yes, there is a chance that the fluid will be absorbed over time.