Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I get up to pass urine every 2 hour's at night, I had blood

I get up to pass urine every 2 hour's at night, I had blood test for postate which has come clear.
Please let me know what I can do as I am not having a good sleep I am loosing my temper. I am 72years old male.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

you most likely are suffering from enlarged prostate or benign prostatic hypertrophy which can block the outflow of urine from the bladder at night time and cause frequent urination.

I see you have tried flomax which is tamsulosin which can help with relaxing the bladder neck muscles to improve urine flow. the max dose is two pills at night of 0.4mg which can help urine flow but can cause dizziness at night time. are you taking one or two pills now?

there are medications like proscar (finasteride) or avodart which can over time help shink the prostate gland.

you should also minimize how much fluid you drink at dinner and dont' drink any coffee or tea or any fluids after dinner

as the last resort, you need to have your doctor refer you to see a urologist to see if you need a TURP transurethral resection of prostate tissue to enlarge a wider path for urine to flow through your urethra.

another non surgical option is to perform straigth catheterization with a red rubber catheter into your penis and into your bladder before you go to bed at night to empty your bladder so you can sleep through the night better.

your GP doctor can show you how to do self straight catheterizations on yourself

I have had patients do this as an option

let me know if you have questions.