Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

Is saroxat (20 mg) once a day safe woman or what

Is saroxat (20 mg) once a day safe for pregnant woman or what side effect can have on developing child in womb and on mother during pregnancy and if you are using saroxat for 9 months is it applicable that all of a sudden you stop and what would the consequences or side affect can occur.
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Hoellering and pleased to help you.
Seroxat is not safe in pregnancy because it causes an increased risk of congenital malformations especaially of the heart. For the mother there won't be any problem.
Sudden stops can cause withdrawal symptoms like increased anxiety, tingling of the body, depression or aggressiveness. Thus it is recommended to withdraw Seroxat lowly within two to three weeks when a pregnancy is planned.
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 1 year ago.
You were not happy with my answer yet. I will be glad to answer your open questions. Please let me know which information is missing!