Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

There ive got myself in abit of a mess i took some herbs

Customer Question

Hello there ive got myself in abit of a mess i took some herbs 6 months ago called fenugreek and tribulus. I took these for around 6 weeks and ending up with my testicles shrinking along with no morning wood or libido. Ive panicked since then and taken clomid and arimidex which made everything worse. Ive been clean now two months but still have these symptoms. Im worried its for life. Please help
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

tribulus has been studied to see if it helps in muscle building

here is the study

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17530942

it doesn't work.

you need to stop treating yourself with all of these hormones and therapies.

you should see a doctor and get blood testing for your testosterone levels and LH and FSH levels

are you able to masturbate and climax?

severe anxiety can stop erections.

it sounds like you have severe anxieties.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ejaculate has turned very watery...I haven't had morning wood since it began and erections are very week. The constant shrunken flaccid is the worst aspect. I had none of these issues prior. I have seen specialists who have tried to reassure more its only temporary and will correct over some months. After i came off arimidex I experienced estrogen rebound and bloat which has subsided so its early days i think. Masturbation is very difficul...everything is so shrunke. I had some bloods taken earlier this week so waiting results

james

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
I see

I am glad you have seen experts and have gotten blood testing.

those experts are correct

your hormones will work themselves out with time.

that is good you are able to masturbate and climax.

time is the best healer in these situation.

there are no shortcuts in life. so those herbs and hormones don't help with body building.

with time, your testosterone and estrogen levels will become normal again

this is the only fix. more time to heal.

when do you get your blood results back?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks but how long does homeostasis take? Am i looking at months or years?

im currently eating very well and training trying to do everything i can but as you can imagine its pretty awful to go throug and im trying to stay positivE.

Is a a full recovery likely?

Bloods are due back end of this week early next week

james

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
return back to normone hormone levels will take 3-6 months usually

yes a full recovery is likely, but can take 6-12 months.

keep eating well and exercising and drinking plenty of fluids and making sure you sleep properly. your body heals when you sleep at night

avoid smoking and alcohol.

don't forget doing cardio exercises as well

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello there again i believe i am now on the road to recovery. Im seeing good signs, however i was wondering something, because i havent been getting erections properly for the past twelve months, is it possible to lose full erection size obviously because it hasnt been fully expanding? Is this like a muscle? They so if you dont use it you lose it... Is this possible? Should size be as before obviously once everything is back in order? Thanks

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
it has been 68 days.

you need to start a new question for me in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com