DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am having pain in my stomach every day, with other

I am having pain in my stomach every day, with other symptoms.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
HelloYou need an exam.Please list all symptoms. Pain in the stomach is not normal. Where exactly ? This can be something serious or not...only exam and testing will day that. Let me know if you have any more information. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The pain is between my navel, and the bottom of my breastbone. I am also having other symptoms, such as burping and the feeling of bits of undigested food coming back up. My main concern is this: about 25 years ago, I accidently swallowed a mouthful of 1M sulphuric acid ( I worked in a lab). I didn't seek medical attention, and I didn't have any symptoms. I'm worried that I have esophageal cancer - could the acid have caused a stricture without me knowing?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Not likely at all.
This is likely gastritis or a stomach ulcer.
These can become dangerous if not attended to.
See your doctor.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So would a stricture have caused symptoms at the time?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Yes it would have.
As I said, this is not from a stricture.
Please see your doctor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Could it be stomach cancer from the sulphuric acid I swallowed, or doesn't it cause stomach cancer?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
No. Stomach cancer by the time it would have caused this would have already put you in the hospital.Looking at your question history, you seem to have some degree of anxiety about your health.I understand this problem fully.But that should be treated. IN any case, since you have symptoms of gastritis or ulcer, you need to see your doctor right away. Please click a positive rating.