Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I had a septic ear and sepsis and was admitted to hospital

I had a septic ear and sepsis and was admitted to hospital after 3 months of a resistant infection. I have had the infection suctioning from my ear 3 times and cream they explained as like bleach. I had lots of antibiotic drips and the swelling in my face and ear went down. I still get severe dizziness and I take beta histone dihydrochloride tablets 16mg 3 times a day.
I need help with my dizziness at some times I cannot get up sometimes.
I do not have disbetes I have been checked. I have a goitre but no thyroid disorders. I suffer with chronic migraines.
Any suggestion of what could be causing this its 8 weeks since my infection flared up.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Have you had any specific tests for the dizziness problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No tests as of yet . I had deafness on one ear and have had a hearing test I have reduced hearing in my left ear with lower tines. They were unable to perform the pressure test. On occasion I have had blood in my ear.

The general concensus is its due to an infection however a cat scan showed no infection.

I have been refered to a clinc to deal with dizziness but still struggling.

Hope this helps.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Joanne--a cat scan specifically of what?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry it was of my ears and head I think. It showed infection in the outer ear but not the inner ear. They suspected a brain absess and zccessed my mastoid for infection. Both were clear in two cats cans

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Joanne--have you seen either an ENT or a neurologist about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I m under a ENT specialist and a neurologist for my migraines but not my dizziness

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

OK Joanne. We can continue after this if you'd like but you need more of an evaluation for this with an MRI of the head (not brain) to check for something called an acoustic neuroma of that cranial nerve.

If that's normal, you need to be referred to a physiatrist--a physical medicine and rehabilitation MD specialist--for Epley maneuvers and cervicocranial manipulations to treat the dizziness

Let me know if you need more information please