Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Was diagnosed with Chlamydia which I got treated for. Ever

Customer Question

Was diagnosed with Chlamydia which I got treated for. Ever since I was diagnosed, I have been suffering from different symptoms like: fatigue, swollen but painless nodes, furry tongue, itchy vagina, spotting. I went be for a test and the results showed in that am clear. Am confused and don't know what to do
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.

How long ago were you diagnosed with chlamydia?
What treatment was prescribed?
When you say that you went in for a test, was this only a repeat of the chlamydia test?
Or were any other tests also done?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was diagnosed in May and had a repeat test in June. I was given azithromycin and I was tested for all STDs before I went for the repeat test. I havnt had any sexual intorse this year and I also work long hours so I don't know if that could be a cause
Thank you for the additional information.

There are several issues to consider in this situation.

Fatigue and painless nodes are non-specific and can occur with a wide variety of infections and other conditions. Spotting can occur from a variety of female tract infections. The itchy vagina and furry tongue are most often related to a yeast infection, which are usually local infections of the vagina and mouth respectively. Antibiotics are good at killing bacteria, but has no action against yeast, so actually can promote the growth of yeast by removing competitors.

Although it would require tests for yeast to confirm the diagnosis, there are a couple of options that can be done at home. There are some over the counter medicines that can be used for yeast, such as clotrimazole. It also may help to use probiotics to promote growth of good bacteria, such as yogurt with an active culture or a probiotic supplement. If relieving the local symptoms typical for yeast also relieves the non-specific symptoms, then no further evaluation would be necessary.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.