Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have small muscle pain now and again. Can this be fix?I

I have small muscle pain now and again. Can this be fix?
I used to do archery as a sport but give it up 3 years ago Because I had a lot of pain on my shoulder muscle. my fitness level was not good and I was over weight. I have start doing boxercise and I don't get that pain when I do it. If am right if I train hard to get fit and train to use all my muscle. Can this pain go away. I really want start archery again. I also use my arm a lot for work as am a carpenter. This pain I don't always get it now and again. Also it near the ROTATOR CUFF. If you got any tip please help me. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Hi and sorry for the delay

Is the problem just with the one shoulder and have you seen a doctor about it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am right handed and the problem is on my right shoulder. I have not seen a doctor about it. I just want know if am doing the right thing training my other muscle around my shoulders.
When I was doing archery I was pulling 50lbs on my bow. I did not train right. I just want to do the right thing. I was so close beating UK no 1 archer. I be so please if you could help me. Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

OK Nigel.

Training the other muscles is fine and eventually once they're toned it should support the rotator cuff

That said, you really should have a doctor check this out and get an MRI of the shoulder to make sure you don't have any serious tendon problems there