Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have a sharp pain in my left foot on the heal. I have not

Customer Question

I have a sharp pain in my left foot on the heal. I have not twisted it or hurt it in any way, it just seems to have appeared out of no where and is now making me limp.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Most likely you have a heel spur--a comma-like extra bone growth coming out of the calcaneus--the heel bone.

Quite often these can be present for many months before they start to cause any pain symptoms

For now you can try ibuprofen and shoe cushion inserts and staying off the foot as much as possible but if this continues for more than a few days you need to see your doctor for an x-ray and a cortisone injection

Let me know if you need more information please