DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Have problem in swallowing because it seems my throat is blocked

Have problem in swallowing because it seems my throat is blocked . Just discovered small lump at the back of my throat .
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure what your question is.
Of course this needs an immediate exam.
If this is an increasing problem, in the ear now.
Acid reflux can cause this symptom.
A lump makes no sense, unless there is a cyst.
If it is swelling, it is dangerous.
I would have an exam immediately.
Let me know if you have a specific question.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1) I have just seen bumps at the back of my toungue . I think that makes me feel there is something stuck in my throat . I can eat and drink properly but there is constant feeling of something stuck in the throat. Sometimes I feel that I am not able to swallow my siliva and it feels that the toungue is pulling towards the throat .
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
OK
The bumps are most likely swollen taste buds.
This can happen with acid reflux, and it might be the only symptom.
See your doctor this week. He/she might give you a trial of ant acid.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I hope this is not a symptom of cancer or ulcer . Because of my tooth ache I had ibrobruphen and paracetamol for nearly 10 days till my Dentist could be available to do root canal on my tooth .
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
It is not a symptom of cancer or ulcer.
It is a symptom of reflux.
However, your doctor needs to confirm this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But I have heard reflux is when the food comes back to your mouth , I don't feel this . It's a constant feeling of something stuck in my throat . Pls reply to this and I don't think I will need any more clarification after this.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
What ever you heard, reflux can have no symptoms, one symptom, or many symptoms.
Your symptoms are consistent with reflux.