DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My husband has been told he has a trapped nerve in his shoulder

my husband has been told he has a trapped nerve in his shoulder which has resulted in his arm having no feeling. this happened two years ago. the doctor he is seeing said that nothing can be done. I would like to know if there is help available.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
If the nerve is dead, no, to late.
But it is not clear that this is the case.
He needs to see an MD of physical medicine and rehabilitation and an EMG/NCS test along with an MRI needs to be done.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.