Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

I have had Rosecea years now, recently i visited my

I have had Rosecea for many years now, recently i visited my doctor inquiring about the new cream called Soolantra (ivermectin) he informed me that it is only available through the N.H.S dermatologist 11 month waiting list . would i be able to get the medication cream if i went to see a private Dermatologist. thanks Marc

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Marc,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 1 year ago.
Hi tehre,
Soolantra is a very new cream and very expensive. A private dermatologist will doubtlessly be able to prescribe the cream, but it is not sure if your insurance will not cover for it.
Since it is extremely expensive (https://www.northdrugstore.com/buy-Soolantra.html) I would think it over; it might be worth waiting for the N.H.S dermatologist. It is a good product, but no "wonder- medication".
I wish you all the best!
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience: Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.