Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have recently developed double vision (suffered from it as

I have recently developed double vision (suffered from it as a child but had 3 operations as an adult to correct it). I am now 63 and 18 months ago was diagnosed as diabetic. I was also diagnosed with high blood pressure. I am taking medication for both. Is my eye problem connected to either?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi. If this is truly double vision there wouldn't be a link to your diabetes but with a history of high blood pressure and diabetes you are at risk for a stroke so you need to see your doctor right away or get to an A&E to be evaluated and get an MRI of your brain.

Otherwise it may be a problem with myasthenia gravis or an entrapment of an eye muscle or a low thyroid problem so those need to be evaluated for

Let me know if you need more information please