Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I heard a lady doctor speaking on R.T.E radio one to day about

Customer Question

I heard a lady doctor speaking on R.T.E radio one to day about a treatment ? for feet I think she used a word like PIDEATRY ? could I please have some info.on this.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for your question. I think you mean Podiatry or podiatric medicine which is a branch of medicine devoted to the study of the diagnosis, leading to the medical and surgical treatment of disorders of the foot, ankle, and lower extremity. A podiatrist is a doctor of podiatric medicine (DPM), and these physicians are also known as a podiatric physician or surgeon. They diagnose and treat the conditions of the foot, ankle, and related structures of the leg.
Take care.