Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have a pins and needles / cramp sensation in the left leg

I have a pins and needles / cramp sensation in the left leg calf muscle. It just started while sitting at my desk on Friday. The discomfort increases when sat at my work desk, subsides slightly while walking, and subsides greatly while laid in bed. Thought it would sort itself out, but hasn't gone away.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. The most likely cause as per your description is nerve compression. This compression can be in your knee or lower down. Don't worry, I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations OTC tablet Aleve twice daily for 5 to 6 days will be sufficient to relieve the problem. If problem persist, see your doctor but hopefully this will not be required. I reassure you that there is nothing serious connected to it. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards