Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

Middle finger of one hand turns blue and is stiff, is there

Middle finger of one hand turns blue and is stiff, is there something that I can do?
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 2 years ago.

Hi there, Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Hoellering and pleased to help you. If the finger is warm and swollen, this may be a thrombosis, a clot in a finger- vein. In this case the finger should be cooled with ice or water and heparin ointment. If the finger ist bluish- white and cold, a clot in the artery is more likely. In this case you should see a doctor urgently, beacuse the artery would have to be re- opened. Anyhow I would see a doctor within the next days, because it is necessary to examine the finger to get an exact diagnosis. Exercises won't help. I wish you all the best!