Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Both my little toe nails have been a bit deformed

Both my little toe nails have been a bit deformed for most of my adult life, they seem to be made of dry hard skin, other than nail!? Anyway, this past few weeks the nail on my left little toe seemed to be peeling away from the top and then I accidentally caught my toe in my shoe and the nail fell off, well more peeled really, leaving a stump of nail behind. There was no bleeding and no significant pain, just a bit sore when in a shoe. There is no discoloured parts and I am curious as to why this might have happened. I have not dropped anything on my foot etc. I am just wondering if I have simply worn my toe nail away over the years. I do a lot of walking in my job, so was wondering if that could cause this?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
do you have a pic?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, not great, but it gives the outline of the problem. How do I add it?
attach to the chat box or upload to photobucket and provide the link
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is this right?
This is "onychomycosis" fungal infection of the nail bed I would ask your doctor for oral lamisil. That will take care of it
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)