Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

Our daughter who is 27 years old has primary progressive MS,

Our daughter who is 27 years old has primary progressive MS, we are now leaving in Lima Peru, because of my husband work, she is a british citizen and I her mother and carer am Italian, where would be the best place where to take her the Uk or Italy? she is now totally dipendent on me she has cognitive and phisical imparement! Anna was diagnosed 3 years ago, but she has had signs way before, cognitively she was slow, and practically non verbal. thanks
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
My name ist Dr Hoellering, I live in Europe and am pleased to help you.
The decision is less a matter of countries, but more one of familiar bonds. Will you split or will you go to the U.k. or to Italy as a whole family?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

we will go together with my husband m but he will be travelling quite a bit too

Ok, thank you.
The training of the U.K.- specialists in general is a bit better than the Italian (sorry for that: I love Italy!). Itlay has many doctors, among 1000 inhabitants there are 4 of them (in the U.K. there are 3/1000). But I prefer the British tuition which is profounder. Therfore for medical reasons alone I would prefer to live in the U.K.
But: You are the one she is dependent upon, so you have to be happy! If you feel that you would be much better off in Italy, I would go there. The personal surroundings are as important as the medical possibilities are. There are good neurologists in Italy as well, and if necessary you could travel into cities like Milano and Rome, where you would find excellent specialists.
So it depends on you: choose the place which will be the best home for your family!
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience: Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.